For over a decade, Western Pennsylvanians for Passenger Rail (WPPR) has been at the forefront of advocating for increased and improved passenger rail service in western Pennsylvania. Our efforts have included:
- Meeting with and providing information to federal, state and local legislators
- Providing testimony before PA Senate and House committees
- Participating in rallies at the stations served by the Pennsylvanian
- Making presentations before local government, business and civic organizations
- Providing information and statements for inclusion in numerous media articles and outlets
- Informing the general public through our email list, Facebook page and website
These activities and efforts not only helped maintain the existing daily Pennsylvanian, but also factored in the recent announcement of plans to increase service between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg.
However, none of these achievements could have occurred without the support from local governments, business and civic organizations, and individuals. Through endorsement letters and calls/emails to government officials and legislators, testimony before legislative committees, attendance and participation at station rallies, and maintaining strong ridership levels on the Pennsylvanian, the message has been sent loud and clear that improved western Pennsylvania passenger rail service is important and desired. Your voice and support has been an essential part of WPPR’s achievements and is vital for future success.